Sunday 12 September 2010

MESSING ABOUT WITH MIG PIGMENTS.

Yes I know we have seen this base before,but being short of space,money,and time I am recycling(This will not be the last time you see this base).

I when I first got back into the hobby I bought these Mig pigments thinking they were something else,more than likely paint(thicko).Not having a clue what to do with them they sat in the paint stash for ages.

Then looking on various forums it kept cropping up so I decided to ask a few questions and do a bit of research on them.surprisingly you tube has a lot of info on model building.If a picture paints a thousand words,a video screams a million!
How to use Mig pigments 1,
How to use Mig pigments 2,
I decided to try a jazz up a HaT WWI FT-17 with some Dark mud pigment.I did not have the Mig fixer so after some more research found that using paint thinner or white spirit will do just has well.Brushing it in dry and then applying the thinner in two ways.first dabbing and then like a normal brush just to see how it turned out. I think dabbing gives a better look.I went a bit over board I think with it,but hey ho,you live and learn.

Then I tried on the base,using Iraqi sand and dark mud mixed together.Using the same method but with better results.






Posted by Picasa

No comments: