Tuesday 7 December 2010

CAESAR AZTEC WARRIOR,

Hello all,

I got this fellow from an online shop the sells figures individually and cost me a pretty penny I can tell you.
I am not sure if they are going to make this set or if its been dropped.I have got another figure to paint and post from the same people so you will have to wait a bit.
I painted this figure and looked at him and thought, he looks a lot like a surprised Chris De burg.He's even wearing red.

I don't know why I went for red on this fellow, OH yes I do, I hate painting white!I know nothing about Aztecs so this is a bit of winging it.I am quite happy with the shield for a change.I think it looks Aztec, but more importantly I got it straight and centre.The  yellow behaved its self as well.I have been having a few problems with my yellow paint being lumpy and watery, maybe I need to shake it a bit more.
The base was nicked from a Frenchman for the night, because I am running out of painting time and wanted to get this on before my sister comes down for the weekend.The back ground was from the net and looks alright for the job.I hope this set is released it would be nice to have something different out there to paint.
PLEASE CLICK  ON IMAGE FOR A LARGER VIEW, AND COMMENTS ALWAYS WELCOME!

Cheers for looking,  Rich.

6 comments:

ModernKiwi said...

So you have followed in my path and picked up an "unavailable" figure.

Nice work mate.

west1871 said...

Oh yes I have.He's already undercoated.The bloke said that they might have dropped this set!!!!

Paul said...

Great work on this fella, and I love the comment about Chris de Burg.

Thanos said...

He's even wearing red....Hilarious!!!
hahahaha!
Great work Rich!
I think you got them from BAT-HORm isn't that so?
T.

Paul´s Bods said...

I tell you what...he looks better as an aztec as that "singer"...:-)
Nice exspansion of your period range
Cheers
Paul

Bartender said...

It looks nice. Vallejo does amazing, clean white by the way!