Sunday 3 June 2012

TQD Casting Falklands war British soldier 1/72.

Hello all,

Well the anniversary is coming up and my Dad did go down south to help liberate the Falklands back in 1982 so painting up one of these great figures from TQD casting was in order.
Painting British DPM is a sod at the best of times so I found it much easier doing it after a few beers!
The only thing missing from this pose is the union jack fluttering from a radio!

The great thing about these set are the choice of Bergen's and heads.

I choose the helmet for this figure as it was wore during most battles rather that the berets, even Paras and boot necks aren't that mad!.

The base is a GW effort with Vallejo mud effect and silfor tufts.

I did give this figure a good going over with weathering powder on the inside legs and webbing.
Just a quick post tonight, so that's all folks!

PLEASE CLICK ON IMAGES FOR A LARGER VIEW AND ANY COMMENTS MORE THAN WELCOME.

Cheers for looking,    Rich.

5 comments:

Daisy Gowan Ditchburn said...

cool figure. My father was one of those against the war but I guess we have those for and against in all wars. And then their are the soldiers who get on and fight... so I am indiferent in this conflict.

Nick Grant said...

Lovely, lovely work. Well done Rich.

Sam Wise said...

Very good painting work!
the ground is very good and it's perfect for the soldier: a good vignette.
I like the face.

Paul said...

Great work Rich, very apt subject.

peter said...

Excellent work Rich! Really like the cammo!

Greetings
Peter
http://peterscave.blogspot.be/