Saturday 20 October 2012

Italeri Belgium Leopard 1A2 1/72

Hello all,

Here is another model that I built during the Euros and painted the other month. In honour on the great Peter (of Peter's cave),  I thought I would go for the Belgium decal option for this build. This will not be the longest post in the world due to the fact I am dying of what the wife would call "MAN FLU".
This was not the quickest build I have ever done.


I have never been a fan of track and link kits due to being lazy, but to be fair this was not that much of an issue.

The pioneer tools are moulded on the hull again not a fan of this.

I have been told that the colour of this tank is far to light so please forgive me.

A good dose of weathering powder has lightened it up but not that much.

The cobble street was quickly painted and dry brushed. 
I have always want a leopard for my collection and quite chuffed with this one , I have no idea if it is correct but it look alright to me.

PLEASE CLICK ON IMAGES FOR A LARGER VIEW AND ANY COMMENTS MORE THAN WELCOME!

Cheers for looking,  Rich.

8 comments:

Paul said...

It does look a tad light but great all the same.

Get well soon.

Erhntly said...

nice paint Rich...
Erhan

Paul´s Bods said...

Very nice mate.
Wasn´t you dying of man flu this time last year as well.??
Cheers
paul

west1871 said...

Cheers all,

Yes Paul, I was more than likely dying then, change in the season from a wet summer to a wet autumn!

Al said...

I like it, newer ones tend to have slightly brighter paintwork anyway

Daisy Gowan Ditchburn said...

it looks really nice! even if it is a bit light it still looks really nice :-) my favourite leopard is the Leopars 2 A5-6 they just look scary

Jay said...

Very nice job. Consider the "light color" as years of oxidation. Well done.

Thanos said...

Nice work there Rich! :)
We all miss your work. Please paint up some more... :) You're an inspiration to us all!